Monday, December 27, 2010

Peer Reviews

Peer reviews make me more nervous when I am giving them than when I am receiving them.  I appreciate any and all suggestions others may have.  I find peer review very helpful in helping me improve and produce a better, more informative, orderly paper.  Any peer reviews I have received from classmtes, the wring center, or professors, have been extremely helpful in assisting me to improve in my writing.  I have never felt bad yet, about any reviews I have received to date.  Peer reviews are meant to help ones improve on their development of their paper along with their grammar and organizational skills.  I usually read and reread my papers outloud, numerous times, and still need to make revisions.  Usually, after a review, I reread my paper outloud, going over the suggestions, and find that to be an "Aha" moment, and thinking, "Why did I not catch that?"  I usually laugh at myself, make adjustments, and know that no one is perfect, no matter how hard we try to be.  My research paper on nutrition and nutrients, before and after surgery, has been very enlightening.  I never realized the different forms nutrition can take in the process of giving them to a person.  Such as by food, vitamins, liquid, through different avenues, with various results.  When you think of nutrition and nutrients, a picture of good health comes to mind, and yet it can cause issues and be detrimental to a body as well.  I appreciate learning and taking all this knowledge, from writing to health and application in our everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment