Friday, February 18, 2011

Wedding Day Fast Approaching

My son's wedding day is fast approaching.  It is a bitter sweet time.  I am gaining a daughter and my son is moving hours away.  Funny how things go, it seemed so far away, now it seems too close.  His new father-in-law to be has just passed away, and that certainly is unpleasant and sad.  Ashley's mom will be doing everything to stay busy.  They will be close by her, so they can help her through this difficult transition.  Life must go on, because we are all still living and have responsibilities.  Feels like "muddle through"  describes the day to day process, right now.  School is hard this term with the emotional roller coaster I am on.  My son, my only boy between two girls.  I remember when he was born, it seems like yesterday.  Our wedding dance song we have chosen is, "In My Life", by the Beatles.  The words speak volumes of emotion and feeling and we both chose that one out of all of the choices.  He is packed and moving as I write this.  I love him and want the very best for him always.  Love you Dylan and Ashley, my new daughter.  Enjoy the adventure and appreciate all the little things that add up to your life together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment